Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Tsunami

You weren't really the sort of girl I'd like to have fallen in love with. In fact, you were completely unlike – You liked Summer more than the rains. You reminded me of how being grim could also be beautiful. You reminded me that gray wasn’t necessarily a melancholic color. But most of all, you reminded me that it wasn’t happiness that I was looking for; it was contentment.
I have liked you. I have loved you. I have loved you completely and entirely, and with my whole heart. I have loved all your little nuances, like the quiet sigh of disappointment before you hung up the phone, and the grip of your hand become firmer while we crossed the roads. I still miss those scarlet etches your fingers left on my hand, and how you stared at the tea, and the crimson color reflected your eyes. I have watched you, watching me, watching you.
You were to me what the giant ocean is to a small coastal town. My life depended around you. In you, I searched for happiness. In you, I hid my sorrows. So, when you finally left, it destroyed me. It destroyed me like an enormous tsunami destroys a trifling coastal town. It rendered me catatonic and it left me helpless.
You were like collateral damage. And I wouldn't fall for it again, or so I told myself. But, like it happens so systematically in life, and almost beautifully, it was hardly surprising when I realized the Tsunami hit again, not as enormous, but that didn't matter- My town wasn't done healing yet.
x












No comments:

Post a Comment